Wisconsin Alcohol Server Training
A bartender license (or operator license) is required for each municipality you work in. The bartender license is obtained from the court house in the county or municipality in which you will be working. You will need to present the clerk with your Responsible Serving® Certificate obtained after successfully completing the online responsible server training course.

Frequently Asked Questions about Wisconsin Bartender License:
The following links will take you to the Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue website for answers to the questions below.
  1. What does an alcohol beverage license allow?
  2. Are licenses and permits the same thing?
  3. What types of alcohol beverage licenses are there?
  4. I've heard that some licenses are very expensive. Is that true?
  5. How are quotas and reserve licenses determined?
  6. I want specific information about licensing. Where do I go?
  7. How do I apply for an alcohol beverage license?
  8. What are the basic qualifications for a person to get a license?
  9. Can I get a liquor license if I have a criminal record?
  10. Are licensing qualifications different if I incorporate?
  11. Does the licensee or the agent always have to be at the premises when it is open for business?
  12. How do I qualify for an operator's license?
  13. What are responsible beverage server training courses?
  14. What exceptions are there to the server training course requirement?